Frequently Asked Questions regarding COVID-19
Remember that you must be able to present a valid Coronapas or a negative test when you visit Marienlyst. Coronapas / negative test gives access to our conference, spa, fitness, rerestaurants and bar when you either:
- Has been vaccinated against COVID-19
- Has a negative COVID-19 test that is max 72 hours old
- Has tested positive for COVID-19 a maximum of 12 weeks ago and has now recovered.
As a guest, you will be given a bracelet, which shows that you are the owner of the above, alternatively you must present your Coronapas / negative test when traveling in restaurants and bar areas.
You can read more about Coronapas by clicking here.
Restaurants and bar close at 23:00 with last serving at. 22.00.
Due to COVID-19 and the circumstances in connection with this and the guidelines from the Danish Board of Health we have chosen to change our operational strategies and implement some new actions and initiatives to ensure that our guests and ourselves feel safe at Marienlyst. All staff have been given in depth information on COVID-19 and the actions and initiatives as well as the guidelines from the Danish Board of health. We naturally follow all guidelines from the Danish authorities.
On this page you will find updated information and answers to the most common questions we are getting right now. Questions about what we are doing to reduce the spread of the virus, our terms for cancellation and rebooking, opening hours, rules for the restaurants and how we act.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We also recommend keeping yourself updated on the COVID-19 situation in Denmark at www.coronasmitte.dk
What is Marienlyst doing to reduce the spread of the infection?
The safety of our guest and our staff is our number one priority and therefore we closely follow the guidelines and suggestions from the Danish Board of Health.
Already at an early stage we decided to extend our cleaning routines for all the hotels facilities. All surfaces such as wet rooms, door handles, furniture, keycards, remote controls, credit card terminals and more are disinfected several times a day.
It is not possible to order at the bar, the waiters will come to the tables. Also we do not do buffets so we have changed our breakfast. We have reduced our capacity in all restaurants and are very careful to keep 2 meters distance to one another.
It is important that you are healthy when you come to stay with us as well as our staff being healthy. If you have any symptoms of being unwell you have to go home. This applies to guests as well as staff.
What does Team Marienlyst do?
Hand rubbing alcohol is widely available in all parts of the hotel and is used regularly by staff as well as other guests. We are very thorough when it comes to our staff’s health and we have very thorough guidelines to ensure no one comes to work if they are showing even the slightest sign of illness.
In what situation should I avoid visiting Marienlyst?
As well as us taking responsibility we also ask you to do the same:
- If you have travelled in a risk areas, please wait at least 2 weeks after arriving home before visiting us. An updated list of risk areas can be found here
- Do not visit us if you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Stay home if you in any other way are not well with e.g cough, fever, cold.
Other general advice
- We recommend that all guest protect them selves and others from infection by following the guidelines from the Danish Board and Health
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for a minimum of 30 seconds. Use hand rubbing alcohol as a supplement.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Don’t shake hands
- Avoid larger gatherings
- Stay home if you are sick
- Elderly and chronically ill – keep your distance and tell others to do the same.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or use a paper handkerchief
- Together we can ensure an environment we can all enjoy.
Is it possible to have a meeting or conference at Marienlyst Strandhotel?
- Meetings and conferences are allowed in our conference rooms as long as these are closed and not accessible to the public.
- We have for the time being decided to reduce the number of guests allowed in the individual conference rooms by 50%. So if a room would normally hold 80 people we now only allow 40 or what we find suits our facilities.
- All the other guidelines about being healthy, washing hands and keeping distance to each other naturally also apply to meetings and conferences.
How do I rebook a stay?
If you wish to rebook your stay we are ready to help. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find a solution together.
Is it safe to eat in your restaurant?
We naturally follow the rules and guidelines given by the Danish Board of Health to ensure our guest can keep their distance to each other. But we do have great understanding for any concerns you might have.
We have implemented a number of precautions to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and for you to feel safer and fully enjoy your stay with us.
The precautions we have take are as follows:
- We have reduced the amount of tables in our restaurants – both indoors and outdoors. We have hand rubbing alcohol available several places in the restaurants and our staff use this regularly and we highly recommend you do the same.
- We no longer offer a buffet. For lunch and dinner we offer à la carte and our breakfast will now be served as a breakfast platter with fresh coffee.
- We only serve food as take-away or at the table in full compliance with the newest guidelines from the authorities.
- All our extended cleaning routines also naturally apply to the restaurants.
Do you offer roomservice?
We do! If you would prefer to enjoy your food in your room we offer roomservice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will place the food outside your room, knock on the door and let you take care of the rest so we can keep a distance.
Spa and Pool
Is it safe to use your spa and pool facilities?
Yes. The pools have chlorine added in amounts to ensure that bacteria and viruses are killed in accordance with guidelines and rules set out by Helsingør Municipality.
Limiting the number of guests
At the moment we have a lot fewer guests than normal. There is no need for concern in keeping enough distance in our spa or in any other area of the hotel.
We continue to urge our guests to keep a reasonable distance and to remember to wash before entering the spa.
Guest at the age of +70
As long as the Danish Board of Health recommend elderly or vulnerable people to avoid contact with others, we recommend that if you are at the age of +70 to wait a little longer before coming to stay with us.
Guests at the age of +70 who have already booked a stay
If you are +70 and have a reservation in the near future, we will naturally rebook you free of charge. Furthermore, we also offer to upgrade your room and will have a little surprise waiting for you in the room. Please contact the hotel via email: email@example.com
Our normal age limit of minimum 16 still applies in our spa area.
Conditions for cancellation/rebooking
A lot of people have questions at the moment concerning conditions for cancellation/rebooking and we are receiving a lot of emails. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer these questions as fast as we would like so we have gathered some of the most common questions here.
How close to arrival can I rebook my stay?
You can rebook your stay free of charge up until 24 hrs before arrival.
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please remember to note your reservation number. It makes things a lot easier for us and for you.
I am +70 and want to cancel! What do I do?
Contact us via email at email@example.com and we will cancel your reservation free of charge.
What if I have a reservation and the hotels needs to close for a bit?
We will try to stay open as long as we can whilst at all times following the guidelines from the relevant authorities. If the hotel or our restaurants need to close down for a couple of weeks or months, we will help you to rebook your stay.
We are very optimistic and hope we don’t end up in this situation, but if it does happen please have patience with us in the time taken to answer your emails. We would expect to have many people contact us and it might take a bit of time to find the right solution for each individual guest.
What if I have booked a meeting or conference?
For businesses that have booked a conference or meeting with us our normal policy for cancellation applies.
Our business guest are extremely important to us right now and it would give us great pleasure if you would book your summer meetings or autumn conferences with us. We are naturally ready to give you an extra good deal.
We will do our part in ensuring that you feel secure and flexible in regards to cancellation policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you more.
Contact us ( and have a bit more patience)
A lot of guest are contacting us right now and we hope you understand that it might takes us a little longer to get back to you.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us- We also recommend that you keep updates about the COVID-19 situation in Denmark via www.coronasmitte.dk.
For any further information please contact us
If you have any questions for our reception they can be contacted at: email@example.com
If you have any questions concerning conferences you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions for our sales department you can contact us at: email@example.com